Psychological Horror Thriller OBSERVANCE to be Released on DVD/Blu-ray
With the dread-infused claustrophobia of Polanski’s The Tenant, the taut voyeurism of Hitchcock’s Rear Window, and the horrific visuals
founds in the works of Cronenberg, Joseph Sims-Dennett’s Observance is one seriously intense thriller. The psychological horror tale involves a private detective who, hired to watch a woman across the street, begins to experience a violent mental breakdown.
The English-language Observance will be released on DVD and Blu-ray (and exclusive streaming on Vimeo) August 2, 2016, and on most major VOD outlets beginning October 11th.
- “Remarkably unnerving…dripping with paranoia and bursts of madness!” — John W. Allman, Blood Violence and Babes
- “Captivates the viewer…with some terrifying moments that would make David Cronenberg proud. — bloody-disgusting.com
- “Sheer ambient dread.” — Indiewire
- “The very definition of psychological horror.” — Thy Critic Man
- Synopsis: Atmospherically creepy and visually unnerving, Joseph Sims-Dennett’s startling feature film debut follows Parker, a young man in the grip of grief following the death of his young son, his marriage on the rocks and nearing bankruptcy, reluctantly returns to work as a private investigator. His assignment it to observe a woman from an abandoned apartment, and as her watches bizarre happenings surrounding her, he slowly becomes aware that the derelict building he is in has a dark presence which slowly threatens to consume him. A frightening horror tale of a man spiraling into madness.
- Bonus features: “Preface to Observance” (3 minutes), Artsploitation trailers
The Surreal Horror Shocker From the Director of ZOMBIE and THE BEYOND
A young girl on vacation in Egypt is given a mysterious charm, causing her archeologist father to be struck blind inside an unexplored pyramid tomb. But when the family returns home to Manhattan, a plague of supernatural evil and sudden violence follows. Can this ancient curse be stopped before it is unleashed on the streets of New York City?
Christopher Connelly (1990: THE BRONX WARRIORS), Laura Lenzi (THE ADVENTURES OF HERCULES II), Giovanni Frezza (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMTERY) and Carlo De Mejo (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD) star in Italian shock master Lucio Fulci’s bizarre horror thriller, which combines elements of THE EXORCIST, THE AWAKENING, POLTERGEIST, and more. Also known as EYE OF THE EVIL DEAD and POSSESSED, MANHATTAN BABY has been newly transferred and fully restored in 2K from the original uncensored camera negative and comes fully loaded with exclusive new Extras produced for this release!
- Fulci & I – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi (An Hour-Long Career Overview Of the Soundtrack Collaborations of Fabio Frizzi & Lucio Fulci)
- For The Birds – Interview with Star Cosimo Cinieri
- 25 Years With Fulci – Interview with Make-Up Effects Artist Maurizio Trani
- Beyond The Living Dead – Interview with Co-Writer Dardano Sacchetti
- Stephen Thrower on MANHATTAN BABY – Interview with the author of “Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci”
- “Manhattan Baby Suite” – Live Studio Performance by Fabio Frizzi
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- BONUS Collectable Booklet featuring new writing by author Troy Howarth
- BONUS CD – MANHATTAN BABY Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi
- Lucio Fulci’s surreal horror shocker is now available in a new 3-Disc Limited Edition!
- Brand new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncensored camera negative and all-new 5.1 Surround mix
- Loaded with new Extras created especially for this release
- Blu-ray features Full 1080p HD Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio for the ultimate home theater experience
- Exclusive Limited Edition includes Blu-ray, DVD, Soundtrack CD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible sleeve, and special packaging
- Extensive online exposure on top websites, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Fangoria, Blu-ray.com, and many more
- Nationwide Theatrical Release in Top Markets prior to Street Date
- From Italian horror maestro Lucio Fulci (ZOMBIE, THE BEYOND, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY)
- Starring Christopher Connelly (1990: BRONX WARRIORS, DJANGO STRIKES AGAIN), Laura Lenzi (THE ADVENTURES OF HERCULES II), Giovanni Frezza (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, THE NEW BARBARIANS), Cinzia de Ponti (THE NEW YORK RIPPER, DEVIL FISH), Cosimo Cinieri (MURDER ROCK, THE NEW YORK RIPPER), and Carlo De Mejo (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY)
- Features music by frequent Fulci collaborator Fabio Frizzi (ZOMBIE, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE BEYOND)
- “A Stylish, Very Gothic Horror Flick… One Of Fulci’s Best!” – Blu-ray Authority
- “A Quirky, Challenging Visual Feast!” – Mondo Digital
- “Thick With Creepy Atmosphere And Schlocky Supernatural Fun!” – McBastard’s Mausoleum
- “There Are More Than Enough Familiar Fulci Trademarks To Appease Even The Most Demanding Fan!” – The Spinning Image
Introducing A New Label, Reel Gore Releasing
August 2016 New Release
Violent Shit The Movie
Blu-ray + DVD + CD Combo
Label: Reel Gore Releasing
Pre-book: 07/12/2016 Streets: 08/09/2016
SRP: 39.95 UPC: 881190600191 Cat: RGR001
82 Minutes In English or German with English, Spanish and French subtitles
Color Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Region 0
Horror Not Rated Production Year: 2015
Director: Luigi Pastore
Cast: Giovanni Lombardo Radice, Antonio Zequila, Michela Foresta, Vincenzo Pezzopane, Steve Aquilina, Erika Kamese, Simone Destrero, Lilli Carati
Rome is shattered by a series of gruesome murders that paint the Eternal City deep red. Italian Police Inspector Aristide D’Amato and his German counterpart Hans Ebert initiate their criminal investigations. They stumble upon the eccentric Professor Vassago – a master of myths and mysteries – who is linked to Senator Vinci – a corrupt politician – mutually driven by power and perversions.
The suspicion grows that these atrocious crimes are connected with the return of one of the most heinous serial killers of our time – Karl the Butcher!
First 3000 copies include: CD – Original Soundtrack by Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin, Collectible Blu-ray/DVD Slipcase and Sleeve, 24 Page booklet.
The relentless Karl the Butcher, beloved and best known to gorehounds and German Underground aficionados has been revamped and re-envisioned; his trademark brutality in the likes of the distinctly German independent VIOLENT SHIT now remade into an equally ghastly giallo featuring a Claudio Simonetti soundtrack. VIOLENT SHIT THE MOVIE is an homage to both the original’s 25th anniversary and the producer’s love of Italian horror and blends German gore movies with the mastery of Italian horror. The film stars Italian genre mainstay Giovanni Lombardo Radice as the devil incarnate, who masterminds Karl the Butcher’s evil murder spree. Italian directors Enzo G. Castellari (INGLORIOUS BASTARDS) and Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION) have cameos in the movie, as well as Lucio Fulci’s screenwriter Antonio Tentori and SUSPIRIA’s Barbara Magnolfi. -Fangoria
- MAKING OF THE MOVIE by Director LUIGI PASTORE
- THE HISTORY OF VIOLENT SHIT – Interview with Producer STEVE AQUILINA
- TRIBUTE TO LILLI CARATI – The Last Interview
- INTERVIEWS with members of the cast – VINCENZO PEZZOPANE, MICHELA FORESTA, DANIELA CICCONE, ERIKA KAMESE
- WORLD OF STARS – INTERVIEWS with members of the cast – GIOVANNI LOMBARDO RADICE, ANTONIO
- ZEQUILA – & Producer STEVE AQUILINA and Director LUIGI PASTORE
- TRAILERS & SLIDESHOW
Nico B from Cult Epics is launching a new line called Reel Gore Releasing! The first thing coming from the brand is Violent Shit: The Movie! Read more below from the press release!
NEW LABEL LAUNCH: REEL GORE RELEASING
Los Angeles, CA (June 2016)
For immediate release. Cult Epics founder Nico B and film producer Steve Aquilina will be launching a new horror label REEL GORE RELEASING as of August 2016, distributed thru CAV (home of Cult Epics, Synapse, Grindhouse) in North America. With the recent success of the horror films of Jorg Buttgereit (Nekromantik) and Angst, Nico B teamed up with Steve Aquilina from 8-Films to launch a new label for newly produced gore horror films to premiere on video and digital. The first three films are VIOLENT SHIT – THE MOVIE (August 2016), a bigger budget revamp of the cult-schlock- gore classics from the 80s, shot in Italy featuring a soundtrack by Claudio Simonetti’s Goblin; followed by MASKS (September 2016), German giallo gore feast from the director Andreas Marschall (Tears of Kali, German Angst), and the return to directing of Luigi Cozzi (Contamination) with BLOOD ON MELIES’ MOON (October 2016) with guest appearances by Dario Argento & Lamberto Bava. For more info see http://www.reelgorereleasing.com and join us for updates at http://www.facebook.com/reelgorereleasing http://www.twitter.com/reelgoremovies
Artsploitation Films Picks Up American Indie Horror
The Anatomy of Monsters
Cannes, May 12, 2016 – Artsploitation Films has announced that is has acquired the North American rights to the edgy and dark American independent film The Anatomy of Monsters directed by Seattle-based filmmaker Byron C. Miller.
The film revolves around a seemingly normal yet homicidal young man who ventures out one night in search for his first kill. At a lonely bar he meets a young woman, takes her to a hotel room and prepares to slash her throat…until he discovers she harbors secrets far worse than even he could imagine.
Ray Murray, President of Artsploitation, called the film, “Refreshingly gritty, the kind of film John Cassavetes would have done if he ventured into genre filmmaking. The storyline is original, the tension palpable and it features a star-making performance by Tabitha Bastien as the far from innocent victim.” He says of the director and co-writer Miller, “Byron ignored the constraints of his limited budget to make a creepy, dark, disturbing and immensely creative thriller.”
Miller, who previously directed the feature Night and is currently attached to direct the genre film,Unwelcome, called his film, “midnight poetry in that attempts to create “the feeling of late night hours and sinister urges,” and commented, “It truly is an honor to work with Artsploitation Films, and be included among their stunning library of titles. Paul Morgan (screenplay, cinematographer), and I put our souls into this film and brought it to life with a beyond dedicated cast and crew. I can’t wait to share this monster with the world!”